News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

April 8, 2010

Galeron the Mighty

After dealing with a writing block for a while, I finally stumbled upon a wonderful idea in my imagination and have put it to use. Here is an excerpt from the new story I've been writing. Enjoy reading, but please do not use it for commercial purposes or modify my work, as it is under the Creative Commons Copyright law :)


...

“Sir, we wish to speak with you.” The man with the silver robe beckoned him. Must be the elder, thought Galeron, his robes show seniority.

Galeron walked towards the group and fingered the tassels on his cloak, contemplating his appearance. He cupped his hands and bowed his head twice as was custom.

“Greetings.”

“Welcome, Galeron. We’ve been eagerly anticipating your visit.” The silver robed man and others customarily greeted him back.

“I am Stephos,” The man in silver nodded to his companions; “these are my sons, Kanyo and Deblo. You’ve already become acquainted with Karis, my daughter. Welcome to our home.”

“What is it you gentlemen want from me?” Galeron turned to look at Kanyo. The young man smiled but remained silent while Deblo spoke,

“We are a remnant of the Chosen Ones. King Torus has nearly wiped our people off the face of this planet, as you already know from being a Silent Wanderer. We know who you are; we ask that you help us retrieve that which was stolen.” Deblo opened his hands; Stephos, Kanyo, and Karis followed suit. Each finger was marked with a golden picture of a tree.

Galeron felt his body involuntarily stiffen. These were them! Traitors! Marked Men! He stepped backwards, away from their arms...their fingers.

“I can’t, you’re traitors. All of you. I wish not to suffer at the tips of your cursed hands!”

Stephos lowered his hands and frowned, “You know better, Galeron. Your years of tutelage have taught you the lies that have been spread concerning the Chosen Ones. What more do you need to know?”


... Portion Removed ...


They believed that Shammahya, the One True God, sent his Son to die and be resurrected to save mankind from their sins. His teachings, of which Galeron had studied several, were good; his death was horrific. He was nailed to the bottom of a living tree trunk and then the trunk had been lowered back into the ground. The part Galeron could never believe was that the tree had been found, three days later, replanted; the old “tomb” was empty and Shammahya’s Son was alive again.

Galeron shook his head. He didn’t agree with King Torus’s edict to wipe out all the Marked Men, but he couldn’t bring himself to believe the miraculous life of the God-Son as real.

He looked back up at the four...Chosen Ones, and firmed his mind. It was the right thing to help these people. That was one of the vows he took when he became a Silent Wanderer: to protect and aid men, women, and children no matter whom they are, what they do, or what they believe.


...

Squeaks.


Creative Commons License
This
work by http://hiddendoorways.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds great so far! I really like it. Keep on keeping on. :)

    Mom
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Sounds intriuging. Hey, you did a pop-up window for your blog, as I noticed.

    You unknowingly provided a way for me to comment. :) My computer is messed up, and I usually can't comment on other people's blogs, unless they have a pop-up window. So, thanks.

    Anyway, I can't wait to hear more from this story. Oh, and I liked how you symbolized Jesus' death on the cross with the tree as the tomb. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    @ Jake, I'm glad the pop-up window works for you :P I found it easier to use a pop-up to comment on things than another page.

    @ Mom, glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! You did a nice job with adjectives and other things. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails