News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

April 29, 2010

Good Riddance!

ISAIAH 30: 19-26

19-22Oh yes, people of Zion, citizens of Jerusalem, your time of tears is over. Cry for help and you'll find it's grace and more grace. The moment he hears, he'll answer. Just as the Master kept you alive during the hard times, he'll keep your teacher alive and present among you. Your teacher will be right there, local and on the job, urging you on whenever you wander left or right: "This is the right road. Walk down this road." You'll scrap your expensive and fashionable god-images. You'll throw them in the trash as so much garbage, saying, "Good riddance!"
23-26God will provide rain for the seeds you sow. The grain that grows will be abundant. Your cattle will range far and wide. Oblivious to war and earthquake, the oxen and donkeys you use for hauling and plowing will be fed well near running brooks that flow freely from mountains and hills. Better yet, on the Day God heals his people of the wounds and bruises from the time of punishment, moonlight will flare into sunlight, and sunlight, like a whole week of sunshine at once, will flood the land.


------------------------------------------------------------------

Now folks, I hope your creative juices are gurgling happily! The Message translation of the Bible might not be the most accurate, but it definitely is beautiful and its attempt is to capture the idioms of the ancient Hebrew and Greek languages. We've got to learn to write this way. Seriously, when was the last time you read a piece of writing and sat back, sighing, and said "Now that was beautiful"? It happened to me today. First with this beautiful piece of scripture (which I read over at 4 the Broken) and then at Mrs. Paul's blog A Writer Writes...Sometimes. The thing about prose is that you can only give the reader a certain amount of embellishment before they scream at you because they're stuck in your bog of overly-exquisite words. Other times they'll groan as they look for water on your parchment (pun intended) of dry writing.

Most of the time, people don't think of Scripture as being a place to look for a story starter. Although I don't know if I'd want to start my story from the Bible (not that there is anything wrong with doing so) I definitely want to take a stop by its text to refresh my spirit. Is there a single poetic book that is better than the Bible? No...because the Bible was a poetic/prose book written for you! Wow.

Listen to this sentence written by Mrs. Paul from her blog's latest post (Language vs. Words):
Painted with the brush of masterful language, your message has wings.
Isn't that just beautiful? Sometimes we need to inject our bland, tasteless, dry writing with some flavour (kind of like the Tim Horton's flavour shots that you can get put into your hot chocolate [go French Vanilla!]). So my tip for the day is:

GOOD RIDDANCE TO ALL DRY THINGS!!
(Includes bad writing and false gods)
Moral of the story: let the doors of your imagination take you into realms that, until you arrive there, never existed. If you're stuck in a mud hole and need help getting out, try turning to the Bible for inspiration. As of today, I would highly suggest checking out The Message for some good news (yes, pun intended again).


Squeaks.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. Good riddance!

    I find the book of Job awesome for finding inspiration. Psalms, Proverbs, and pretty much everything else as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Squeaks!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! :) I really appreciate your kind words! God's definitely blessed us with His Word. :) I see you're a writer! I love writing myself. :)

    Hope you'll be able to come back to my blogs sometime!

    God bless,
    Taylor J. Beisler
    www.taylorbeisler.com
    www.impossiblewriter.wordpress.com
    www.4thebroken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails