News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

April 22, 2010

Time For Love -- A Lesson in Intimacy with God


Yes, my most recent rave has been JoAnn McFatter's amazing album "Temple Dance"!! The songs are amazingly awesome and prophetic. I've copied out the lyrics for my favourite one, "Time For Love". You can listen to it by scrolling down to my little MixPod gadget on the right side of my blog and clicking the next button until you find it (there are only four songs on my MixPod).

I passed by and I saw you in your own blood, squirming.
I passed by and even as you lay in your own blood
I said, "live!" - o I said, "have life!"
later I passed by and I saw it was the time for love
I knew it in your eyes, it was your time for love
I spread the corner of My skirt over you
covering your nakedness
covering, covering - with My own skirt
covering, covering your nakedness
and I entered into a covenant with you
and you entered into a covenant with Me
now you are Mine and now I am yours
so I bathed you with My water
and I washed the blood from your body
and I bathed you with my ointments
and I gave you My scent
I clothed you with My own clothing
and I put sandals on your feet
I adorned you with jewelry on your arms,
'round your neck, in your nose, on your ears
and I crowned you with a beautiful crown
'cause now you're Mine
now you're Mine
now you're Mine.




Isn't that just beautiful? The Bible passage that this was derived from was Ezekiel 16:6-14, which states:

6 " 'Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!" 7 I made you grow like a plant of the field. You grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels. Your breasts were formed and your hair grew, you who were naked and bare.

8 " 'Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.

9 " 'I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. 10 I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. 11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. 14 And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.



Haha, I guess we do have a very intimate God who's jealous of us. Don't you think we should start accepting the fact that He's written and entire book (bestseller in the whole world, in case you didn't know) and He wrote it just for you! Like...Wooah! Doesn't that strike you as a little possessive and perhaps a bit in-love?? Maybe more like, very possessive and completely head-over-heals.

The Bible tells us that our God is a very very jealous God (Exodus 34:14). Doesn't it make you feel so good inside that there is Someone out there who is so very in love with you that He spent a large portion of history compiling a book for your to read about His love and everything He's done. He even spends time whispering, talking, even yelling into your ears how much He loves you (you know, we've gotten to be a bit deaf these days and I don't think it has to do with the music-listening earbud fad).

Our God has given us a ton of different tools that we can use to get close to Him. Don't you think a girl who is dating/courting a guy would appreciate it if he gave her his phone number, email address, and MSN ID? If he did, he'd be encouraging her to get in touch with him...he's showing her that he cares and wants to know more about her.

Well hey, I've got news for you! God has done the exact same thing for us. He's given us gifts of speaking in tongues and prophecy (to build ourselves and others up). He's given us His Holy Spirit...and He speaks to us in many ways. Guys, if you haven't thought of talking one-on-one with God then you might want to do that. He gets a bit miffed with us when we phone Him (prayer) and blurt out all our problems/wishes/desires and then hang up before He gets in a word. So I would love it if today you could take the time to sit in silence before Jesus and just ask Him what He wants to tell you. Write down whatever comes to mind...any thoughts. Don't be afraid about it...as long as it lines up with the Bible then you're good to go.

Here's a verse for you to check out:

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
--Jeremiah 33:3--

Now folks, if that doesn't grab your curiosity (the fact that God wants to tell you secrets) then I don't know what will. :) So God bless you as you go along your way. And keep in mind, our prayers are like the smell of fresh bread to Jesus. He loves it and He's hungry for more! He doesn't just want your prayers, He wants intimacy (aka. if you smell fresh bread then you want to eat it right?). So why don't you set aside some time today to get personal with your Creator and Lover.

Squeaks.

8 comments:

  1. Great post Squeaks! I've been hearing this theme over and over lately. So I acted on it! Amazing what God does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathan! Yeah lately I've really been feeling God's power and love. He's spoken to me about many things...in fact, during a conference last weekend I was really hit by the Holy Spirit..something I've never experienced before. It's definitely changed my life and my outlook on some things. When you get overcome by God you can't exactly go back :P
    I'm glad that you're excited!


    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Squeaks!! Preach it! God is banging on our door, we have got to be deaf to not hear it. :p

    Amen and amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Squeaks, I swear I am not just saying this: that was powerful. That is exactly what I learned over this past summer and exactly what I've been trying to put into words! We often doubt so much the basic thing that holds us together - God's AMAZING love for us - and we just need a jolting reminder sometimes. He is powerful. He is real. He loves us to pieces! That is amazing.

    BTW, if you don't mind my asking, do you have the Holy Spirit? I don't yet, but I am totally ready to get in there with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And oh, lol, I forgot to mention some rather important items: that song, Sapphire Sea, was one of the songs we danced to in our dance performance last spring. It was really memorable and, judging from the tape, really beautiful. I really enjoyed doing that - capturing some of the passion in that song.

    "Sapphire sea - spilling over me - oh let me know, let me know holy ecstasy - holy ecstasy - let your waves of fire - answer my desire - fill me with the knowledge of my God"

    Just recalling the words from memory makes me want to start dancing it! The moves are very fluid, yet strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Madeline, Thanks! Yes, our God is an absolutely amazing God...He's so amazing...haha I could say it a million times (amazing) and never be finished praising Him :)

    Yes I have the Holy Spirit. Even since I asked God to give me His Spirit I have been filled...I just never realized it until this last week. I was at a conference with Heidi Baker (a powerful woman of God) and I got filled up with the Holy Spirit. It was the most amazing experience. I could still think rationally but I couldn't control my body. I was on the floor laughing my guts out for no apparent reason and shaking. Definitely the Holy Spirit. :)

    I believe that if you ask it will be given to you. If you ask God and you're sincere about having the Holy Spirit dwell within you and activate His power then God will give it to you. Every Christian has the Holy Spirit...it's just that the power is not always activated because they never ask for it (sometimes they're just scared). I remember being so hungry for God a few months ago (and I still am) and I wanted His Spirit so badly to manifest in my life but I didn't know what to do. The truth is, you don't have to do anything other than ask. So if you're a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit in you. Jesus promised us that. The only thing you have to do is start following Him.

    I highly suggest that you read "Can You Hear Me" by Brad Jersak. The book talks about tuning into God. He's speaking to us all the time and we just have to be willing to listen. That's just one of the first steps to surrendering to the Holy Spirit. (http://www.bradjersak.com/)


    Also, as a side point, every Christian has the ability to prophesy (I didn't mention this in my writing). We just have to put our rational minds in a big metal box, lock that box with a nice fat lock, and then toss the box and the key into the middle of the ocean. God is anything but rational. When I saw a woman's leg grow back at Bethel Church and a deaf lady who wore a hearing aid get her hearing back 100%...let's just say I did away with my brain. :P You kind of have to do that with God. He does everything so out-of-the-box it's unreal.

    So my advice to you as a sibling in Christ would be to just surrender everything to God and let Him have His way with you. He knows best and He's more than willing to give His children what they ask for, so long as it coincides accordingly with His plan and will. Our God is so good!

    Squeaks.

    (oh yeah, btw, "Sapphire Sea" is one of my faves too...after "Time for Love" :P )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to talk about it, Squeaks...not many strangers would do that. =D

    Am I right when I say that you think we recieve the Holy Spirit when we "believe in Jesus"? Or not? A lot of my Christian friends believe that, but from what my parents (who have tongues, btw) have shown me from the Bible, they are two different things. From my own personal study, I find that saying you believe in Jesus and asking forgiveness for your sins is kind of like accepting his "marriage proposal" and acknowledging that you believe he actually exists and that you need him to live. Then, recieving the Spirit is like the culmination of the marriage ceremony - he lives in you now.

    Having the Holy Spirit is most certainly something you know you have if you do have it - my parents told me things look so much different when you have the Spirit. Not only that, I read somewhere in the Bible (forgive me for not looking it up!) that having the Spirit is the guarantee that you are saved, so the believer has no doubts about it.

    Another thing is tongues - in the Bible, speaking in tongues is "proof" that you have the Holy Spirit. I'm just excited about sometime soon recieving the Spirit for myself that I want everyone to know the truth about it! The saddest thing in the world, I think, is when people think "this is all there is to it" and feel discouraged when they find that being a Christian is unfulfilling. There IS something else to it!

    But anyway, that's what I believe. I know tongues is real because I've heard my parents speak in tongues, as well as my Christian, Spirit-filled dance teacher, and two good friends of ours. I am VERY ready and VERY excited for the Lord of all Creation to come live within me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Madeline,

    Good points! I've always enjoyed helping people with any questions because I feel called by God to help others :P I think all Christians are lol!

    About the Holy Spirit...I believe that every Christian is given Him when they believe but not all are filled (like you pointed out). The baptism of the Holy Spirit is definitely something different than when you are first welcomed into the faith. So I believe that those who have not been filled/baptized with the Holy Spirit are not devoid of His presence. It's like a down payment from God...in order for us to be marked as His people we have to have His royal stamp (the Holy Spirit) but not all are filled with His mail (argh...that's about the best I can do lolz! I hope it makes sense).

    Now about tongues...I definitely believe that they are a sign of the Holy Spirit. You see, in my Church, they don't believe in tongues or Holy Spirit baptism or prophecy for today's times. They think it is all a thing of the past. A small group of individuals is praying for revival in our Church and we believe in tongues, prophecy, etc for this generation. Now because of this, the mentors that I have are growing in the Spirit along with myself (not at the same level of course). Because of this, we're all learning about how prophecy, tongues, etc work. I've been touched by the Spirit and can prophecy and have been given visions and words of knowledge...but it's the tongues that I'm praying about :P You see, I love it when people speak in tongues but because I don't have anyone in my Church to mentor me it's been a bit of a struggle at understanding what is real and what is not. So I guess we all have areas that God could work a bit on :P

    I've been trying to speak in tongues, but I don't quite know how it works. When I was touched by the Spirit at the conference (2 weeks ago) I was filled with joy and shaking but I don't remember speaking in tongues. I've been praying about it and hoping that God will anoint me :) It must be amazing to live in a family that is so close to the Lord! And to have friends like that too...it must be awesome!

    I hope this answers your questions :)

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails