News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

May 7, 2010

Cleopatra Storms the Fort!

Yeah, the title means totally nothing. I'm just in a very creative happy mood right now! My beautiful home is turning all green and lush and I feel like celebrating. Thus the green blog background :) I was looking for something more stylish and epic (like Cleopatra storming a fort), but green just really seemed to suit me. It resembles life, breath, and good health. In fact...it makes me want to write a poem! But...not just any poem, I'll use Emily Dickinson's poem:

Part Three: Love

XXXVII

LOVE is anterior to life,

Posterior to death,

Initial of creation, and

The exponent of breath.

So blissful eh? I memorized that poem when I was 10. Why? Because I got a fancy dandy-like book of Dickinson's poems and felt quite uppityish (you know how young kids feel when they get to do something that "only adults do", lol). Anyways, so I haven't settled for the green background just yet. In fact, I was considering changing the title of my blog but I couldn't decide what sounded better (I might put up a poll for it later). The choices that I had come up against a wall with included: The Empire, Hidden Doorways, and Realm of the Skyking. Epic, charming, and definitely fantasy. My brother told me that The Empire sounded to Star War's, but then again who's ever had a book based on an empire? Lots of people! Therefore, it is applicable. If you want, you can comment on what you prefer, but do keep in mind that I'll probably have a poll up.

I want my blog to be a place where I can come and get into a writing mood. Something that will not only inspire others, but myself too. That's the reason why I wanted to change the title and background to something more relevant to my story I'm writing. Anyways, it's all just talk at the moment, we'll see if it actually comes to something.

I also wanted to remind you that The Ring contest is coming very soon!! Have you noticed that there are now 19 followers? Yep, that means 1 more to go and then the draws start! I'm so excited :) and I hope you are too!

Well, just like the title says (yes, I'm trying to give it some meaning, as you can see) I hope to be storming my own fort (although I cannot relate to Cleopatra in any way). It's the fort of sanity. I hope to get back inside my own brain for once and run things the way I want them to run instead of letting everything go on standby. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

Cheerio folks!


Squeaks.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! This is totally AWESOME!!! No offense, but the other one wasn't half as good as this one... :)

    And I got here about a minute and two seconds after you did it... Funny!

    As soon as you hit 20 followers, PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY! I (of course) have a feeling it's going to have to do something with LOTR... Just don't do a 1967 Second Edition version of TFOTR, please? I was considering doing that in the course of the next couple months. :D Your choice, of course.

    Wow, this became quite lengthy... Must be the background! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Jake! It's not settled for certain yet (and yes, the other one was quite bland lol). I just thought I'd let you know that The Ring draw has absolutely nothing to do with free giveaways since I can't release my email address or mailing address. :) But it will be worthwhile...I hope :)

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails