News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

May 21, 2010

Forgive the Past

My heart cries out, it calls aloud
A mystic jewel in mystery shroud.
I give you that which I would keep
Help me awake from dreamless sleep.

...portion omitted...

Open gateways from within,
No more sorrow, no more sin.
Intertwined by hand and ring
Given a new song to sing.

 

-From the Chronicles of Forgiveness, written in the 2nd year of King Torus's reign by Karis, a Chosen One-

4 comments:

  1. Merci!! Now that I look at it again...well...it doesn't make much sense if you don't know the context :P Ahh well, it's fun to just put stuff down because you can.

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. :D

    Is it an actual poem from real life, or something from a story? The little bit beneath the poem makes me wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jake, I wrote this poem originally without the idea of applying it to a book but when I started writing the one I'm currently writing (uhh...it has no title lol) I thought I'd put it into a historical context under the authorship of Karis.

    Hope you guys enjoyed it :)

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails