When was the last time you played a game on the internet? I can tell you the last time my brother played on his computer was a couple seconds ago. In fact, he still is. *sigh* Gaming makes me ill sometimes. You know, over the summer I played on my computer for hours because I was dumb enough to think that there was nothing else in the whole world to do. (my brains must have been on vacation over the summer)
So what on earth am I ranting about gaming then if I even enjoyed a bit myself (perhaps a bit too much)? I'll tell you what. When you game, your brain gets fuzzy...you forget about the reality around you and get thrown into your own little world of adventure. Sure, it might be fun once in a while, but when you do it too much then you get ill; and you don't even know that you get ill. The reason I found out that I got ill when playing games can be found under the following list of symptoms that I've come up with from my own experience:
- Sudden snappyness or irritability
- Long visits to washrooms
- Bug-eyed look, sometimes can result in staring into nothing
- Flinching...sometimes this cannot be cured easily and may result in a trip to the hospital
- Annoying humming; most often on the theme song of a favourite game
- A sudden sense of refreshment when you step out of doors
- Astonishment at how beautiful something/someone is
If you have experienced any of these symptoms and are currently in the act of regularly playing games, then you need to do one of two things...1) ignore my information and continue on gaming only to feel more depressed in the future or, 2) follow the next few steps.
So, if you took my information above seriously, then please commit to doing the following things:
- Stop gaming or limit your time to a certain time during the day (preferably 30min to 1hr max)
- Take time to go outside and romp around. Have fun with what God's provided you with
- Enjoy some down time by reading a book and/or listening to some calming music
- Get artistic
Pretty much, the point is that you spend your time doing something other than playing a game. Each of us have artistic abilities that can be unlocked through doing things. For me, I find those abilities when I write. You might be wondering whether this is very artistic writing, please don't go back into my archives to test me on this. My blog is just a place where I let loose my creative steam. In other words, I'm giving you the last of the fruit of my trees. The best goes into my school and my writing. Whenever I feel like "jetting" I just write. If I'm in a less creative mood then I'll usually just sit down and read a book. I love Christian fantasy, Christian fiction, poetry, and plays (yes, I love Shakespeare and other play-writers).
Overall, if you find yourself addicted to gaming, just go to God and he'll let you know what's the most important thing that you should be doing in your life. I'm gonna bet that gaming is at the bottom of your list!