News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

July 7, 2010

What Happened to Earth?


The goal of this study was to compare urban and rural bodies of water (--- Pond and --- Lake, respectively) to determine which are healthier. The term healthier refers to the stability of the aquatic ecosystem; this is defined by specimen diversity, interactions, and interconnections. A healthier lake has more variety and can support a more wide-spread food chain. 

Hey folks, I'm back now! That strange language up there ^^ is a sample of what I've been doing with my time...turns out that my ecological field report (including data and report) is 17 pages and over 3,000 words. Fancy stuff for a simple program that tells you what an ecological system is composed of :P So I spent one week at my university discovering the beauty of ecosystems and microscopes...the other week was spent dissecting smelly rats and looking at kidneys. Lovely stuff eh? 
I dare say I was quite intrigued by the dissections. I had a hard time digesting my food, let alone getting it down my throat; but over all I was good. 
So what now? I've still got work to do at home (more school stuff; yes, being homeschooled means I don't get the summer off). I haven't had much time for writing lately *sheepish smile* but I have done some reading. The most recent book is called Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl (a Norwegian scientist). It's about a group of 6 men (including Thor) who set sail from Peru to Polynesia on a raft. They were testing the theory that the Polynesian people originated from Peru and not the oriental countries to the west. It's intriguing...particularly the parts about headhunters (aka. cannibals). As you might have already guessed, this is not a Christian book. Usually I wouldn't fill my head with this kind of stuff but since it is history (and I love history) I figured it would be a good read. I have yet to be disappointed! 
Sorry this post is cut short early, but I've got work to do and a sibling to care for :) 

Signed with fervour,

Squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails