News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

September 23, 2010

A Could-Be & A Has-Been




"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far for a might-have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. -Milton Berle

I read this quote over on another gal's blog and found it very thought provoking. You see, in your life, if you are a could-be then even if you can't be "are" (which is like an "is") there is at least a possibility of you "being". A could-be IS a maybe (which has a chance of "being") and maybe's are always wishes (like wishing on a star). Now for the has-been.

I'd rather have already been a being (which means it's already happened) than to have been a might-have-been (which means it almost happened but never did) because a might-have-been never happened but a has-been was once an "are" and that is what I wished for when I was a maybe, reaching for a star.

So if I make a wish and hope for what may come, I'd rather wish a maybe and treasure just that crumb. For if I have already been, my joy has passed away, yet if I can but hope to be I save my joy another day. And I would choose to save my joy and wish upon a star, because the joy that could be is better viewed than past joy stars. --by me!

G'day folks; and let me remind you...the Green Giveaway is still up and running so if you haven't gotten your entry in yet make sure you do! 4 entries have already been uploaded (and they're all rather amazing!), so feel free to head over to this page to check them out.


Signed with dreaminess,

Squeaks.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, that quote is very thought provoking. I had to read it a couple of times to fully understand its meaning and message. I like yours too! Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails