News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

July 30, 2011

Another Questionnaire (for me? really?)

I picked up another random questionnaire while browsing various blogs...this one (which doesn't have a title) I came across over at The Poetry of Lost Things (which is a rather enchanting blog, by the way). Anywho, some of the questions were really...odd...and I had to change one of them since I didn't think it appropriate (even though I didn't have to answer it). Anywho, that being said, I'm going to dive in! These questions are answered for my novel Legend of the Shwiyaer. You can read an excerpt of the first chapter by clicking the link back there <--.

1. What’s your word count? 6,852. We’re talking Legend of the Shwiyaer here so it’s not really that far along…not far at all.

2. How long until you finish? A loooong time. I can’t even see the end of the road yet :P

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you? Haven't finished ;)

4. Do you have an outline? Nope. I don’t write with outlines…or at least, very rarely.

5. Do you have a plot? Yes, every novel should have a plot :P that’s the skeleton of the novel!

6. How many words do you typically write a day? It depends. I used to write anywhere between 2K and 7K a day, but as of late I’ve been writing nothing :P

7. What was your greatest word count in one day? Hmm, somewhere around 10,500.

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day? I don’t know for certain, but probably below 50.

9. What inspired you to write? I’ve always been a dreamer and a hopeless romantic…and I’ve always had the desire to capture the images I see in my mind and the daydreams that I have. Someday I’ll get it right :P Authors that inspired me when I was well…young…include C.S. Lewis and JRR Tolkien :)

10. Does your novel/story have a theme song? Not yet. I’m not that far along lol.

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song. They will :P but just not yet!

12. Which character is most like you? Even though I’m just beginning this novel, I’d have to say that Allewyn (name might be changed) is most like me.

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with? Not certain at the moment…maybe Dael.

14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character? I have no clue who those people are lol.

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel? Not certain yet…maybe Viola. I don’t know my characters well enough yet.

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected? Not yet, but I know they will…from experience ;)

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences? Yes, but we’ll get more into that later :D

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies? I haven’t exactly heard the term before…but I suppose I do :P

19. Is there magic in your novel/story? Yes. The two religious factions are the Drizhal and the Shwiyaer. Black magic of the Drizhal is referred to as Krahl; white magic of the Shwiyaer is referred to as Aaeya.

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel/story? Not yet, but maybe.

21. Does anyone die? Yes.

22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience? None yet :P that’s cuz I’m just kinda starting the story.

23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing? Probably 10 or 11 at the latest. It’s been a while though.

24. What is the best line? Well, I can’t say which line is best, especially since I’m just beginning this journey, however I might say that I do enjoy this particular one: Snow softly danced downwards through the tall, well spaced trees of the Taalbane Forest. They alighted up on the droopy boughs and slowly melted their way down the silver icicles that clung to the limbs with ferocity. The ground was moistly covered with a thick white sheet of fluffy snow; small tracks, perhaps rabbit, traced their way in meandering circles around the trucks of the tall giants. A low moaning wind whirled through the branches, lifting the snow up in a frigid embrace and setting it down only to bring it back into its arms for another twirl.

25. What is the worst line? Well, since it’s all unedited, I’d have to say there are many bad lines…one of them could be: “You make me ill inside,” whimpered Trilla.

26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters? Nope.

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory? I wouldn’t exactly say “heavily” but I admit that there is some allegory within the lines.

28. Summarize your novel/story in under fifteen words. Oh gosh…ok, well, here goes: Allewyn is given a child to care for and as a result must choose between the Drizhal and Shwiyaer. (*grimace* that was 20)

29. Do you love all your characters? Almost…except for Catya, although I’m sure I’ll grow to love her (or at least pity her) as the novel progresses.

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count? Nope and I hope I never will.

31. What was the last thing your main character ate? She hasn’t eaten for a while :P I wouldn’t quite know lol.

32. Describe your main character in three words. Well, I don’t really know her that well, but I’d have to say: Charming. Dangerous. Haunted.

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween? Well, I don’t do Halloween…so I’ll skip this one.

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship? The Shwiyaer are allegorical to Christians, so they gather together and worship the Creator. On the other hand, the Drizhal do not worship…well…at least on Allewyn’s level. I’m sure there’s some nasty stuff going on when you get higher up in the ranks, but I haven’t thought that out yet.

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel/story? I’m not sure…maybe 2.

36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story? Not yet.

37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story? Nope. Unless the plot throws me for a loop, I don’t intend for there to be one.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world? Nope.

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel/story? Nope.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel/story? Yes, there are wizards, phantoms, and probably some mythological creatures…but I haven’t gotten that far in yet (as I’ve repeated like…a billion times lol).

41. Does anyone die and come back to life? I haven’t a clue.

42. Is anyone physically ailed? Trilla is recovering from the effects of the Drizhal attack on her hometown (Vwelyaen).

43. Is anyone mentally ill? Maybe :P I have yet to find a place to stick a jokester figure in my plot. Gotta have one of those…maybe he/she’ll be mentally … ill? But I don’t really like to use that word.

44. Does anyone have swine flu? Definitely not.

45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they? Haven’t gotten there yet.

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel/story? Yep, since it is Christian fiction! Although, I don’t think I’m going to have literal angels/demons in my book. Although that could change over time.

47. How about political figures? Well, the only political-type figure in my book is Catya at the moment (she’s one of the lead Drizhal peoples).

48. Is there incessant drinking? Nope, but my characters do enjoy spiced ale and such every now and then. Helps warm the inside…although I have warned them that too much is not good for their health.

49. Are there board games? If so, which ones? Nope.

50. Are there any dream sequences? Probably will be; I tend to enjoy adding dreams into my writing.

51. Is there humor? At the moment the scenery is so drab and dim that humor has been greatly suppressed, however once my jokester character enters the scene will be uplifted :D

52. Is there tragedy? Yes.

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum? Allewyn gets mad, but no major tantrums as of yet.

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel/story? I don’t know yet :P

55. Is anyone in your novel/story adopted? Not that I know of.

56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses? Haha, no; glasses weren’t invented.

57. Has your novel/story provided insight about your life? Perhaps not yet.

58. Your personality? Nope.

59. Has your novel/story inspired anyone? I hope it does, in the future…when it’s actually written :P

60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story? None yet, since few know of it :P

61. Have you drawn any of your characters? I would but I can’t draw anything worthy of looking at :P

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you? No, but my heart would leap from here to the moon if someone did :P I would totally be ecstatic :D *ahem* (you can tell I really wish I had the gift of art lol…pity, I’ll stick to drawing with my words).

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel/story? *wide eyes* Errm yes.

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story? Yes.

65. Do any of your characters watch TV? Nope. Who’s ever heard of TV in a medieval/magic setting?? lol

66. What size shoe does your main character wear? I have no clue :P

67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer? Definitely not.

68. How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely? Well, it wouldn’t bother me too much, seeing as I only have some 6K written. I’d be able to recreate it…although there is one scene I’d really hate to see gone.

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters? I haven’t had to kill any that I’ve grown close to yet, but I’m sure I will :P

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters? Not yet…and hopefully not ever.

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer? Write from the bottom of your heart and don’t be afraid to express yourself on paper. You can always go back and edit later, just let the words out while they’re there.

72. Describe your ending in three words. I don’t know.

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.? Hmm, not yet…but I’ve been thinking of it :P

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank? I don’t have stress to deal with at the moment, which is rather nice :P but that comes when you’re at like…the 40,000 mark…if not a bit earlier. Experience *shakes head*

75. Was it worth it? I don’t know.



And that's all for now!! I hope you enjoyed :D

Signed with peach pits (o.O), 

Squeaks.

2 comments:

  1. *sighs* I really like this tag. ^_^ I did it once, but I feel like doing it again on my new novel... XD Not really new, actually... just my newEST.

    My answer to the describe your main character in three words: I refuse to. XD Three words. l)

    Great post. Love this. Should I, or should I not do it again? *wonders*

    --Vrenith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was loads of fun to read! I love how long and strange this tag is. :P

    Wasn't the summarizing-in-under-fifteen-words just /cruel/? At least you did a wonderful job. :) And I love the three words you chose to describe your MC.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails