News

News: If I could, I'd tie my hair up in dreds and live the life of adventure from the high seas to the mountain peaks, gathering gold and jewels and tales of mystery and action :) but for now, I'll just have to do with writing about these things as if they were truly real.

--12 December 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

September 19, 2011

"Beware the Rat!!!" by Squeaks

Aharr matey!! It's international talk-like-a-pirate day!! And arrrrr, I feel a poem brewing. Actually, it brewed itself already. It has little to do with rats...unless, of course, you're a pirate who has one for a pet, or you like to eat them...or stare at them. REAAD on for more deeetaaaillllssssss ARrrrrR!!!!!


Google Image


***


Beware the Rat
by Squeaks
19 September, 2011

When the cat is out,
The mice will play!
Beware the rat
On Boggles day!

It slithers out of its hiding place
And wraps you in a warm embrace.
Beware the rat!

It licks you with it's tongue, so soft,
While Arf, your dog, steals your squash.
Beware the rat!

But when it tries to kiss your nose,
Stand Back!
Or else you'll lose your toes!
Beware the rat!

It's bite is painful, I attest.
It does not lead to happiness,
Nor does it lead to pain and strife,
But rather to a normal life.
BEWARE THE RAT!!!


***


Signed with a hook,

Squeaks.

3 comments:

  1. *puts on an un-pirate-like fedora and sails the eight seas (because this Sadaar discovered another that everyone else overlooked)*

    LOL, my word verification reads, "piratly". Wow. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I almost lost my toes!!

    Very well done...it makes it so much better when there is comedy added.
    Haha...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails