News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

December 27, 2011

Harken Ye! + The Errant Knight

Hail friends!

I have just returned from an exciting Christmas adventure with my family -- we are thoroughly stuffed with large bird (aka. turkey) and mounds of desserts that, I fear, have slapped themselves straight to the places I don't want them. However, with that aside, it was a most enjoyable holiday :)

I managed to snatch three delightfully epic books this week and have devoured them in excitement. They. are. amazing. I'll just give a wee bit about em here:

The Land of Darkness by C.S. Lakin


This book is by far the best of Lakin's work that I've read. In fact, there were several scenes that made me nearly come to tears -- it was brilliantly written and, although I found it hard to connect with the character's emotions, the words they spoke were very powerful. 4/5 stars.

The House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo




This book wasn't quite as good as I was expecting it to be, however I think that as the series progresses it gets better. The House of Dark Shadows appears to be a kind of introduction to the better stuff that will come. In any case, it was still quite good -- I found it to be a very fast read. Not as chilling as I'd expected it :P although it did have me glancing at my bedroom door in wonder a few times.

The Errant King by Wayne Thomas Batson




This. Book. Was. Am.a.z.in.g!!! It was amazing. I can't say any more except for the fact that it had me turning pages late into the night as I was drawn into a majestic land where each adventure made your bones turn cold.

Anyways, I shall write more -- I WILL RETURN!! but I gotta hit some Boxing Day sales first ;) I'll update ya'll later!

Signed with crushed purple flowers,

Squeaks.

2 comments:

  1. Concerning the brave turkeys that fell in battle this year: THEY WILL BE AVENGED.

    *ahem* Now, on to normal stuff.

    The Dreamhouse Kings just gets better, don't worry :) It's a great series. The Errant King was epic :D And I really liked The Land of Darkness, too.

    Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, it seems like I keep seeing reviews of C. S. Lakin's books! Makes me want to go find a copy of one... :) I do have quite a few books I want to read over break... hooray for no school! :D Hope you're enjoying your break! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails