News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

November 18, 2012

Wallflower & Universal Plaster -- (A Poem)

A poem I wrote yesterday, because it was raining :) 

pinterest


---

Wallflower & Universal Plaster

It rains.
The sky sheds tears,
Each one drips, twirling tumbling downwards,
Crashing upon the rotting, diseased earth.
Heaven’s glory, bestowed upon that which dies.

Fold over your cloak,
In shame, refuse the stars the chance to see
Eternal beauty separated from the finite
By a veil of gossamer clouds:
Quaking and shifting, perusing the surface
Like a penny dropped into a fountain,
Sending ripples through its medium.

As a gargoyle perches upon a cathedral
So the earth perches upon the continuum of time and space,
Restless to venture within,
Yet held back by the sun.
A wallflower in the universal dance.

---

Signed with a golden leaf, 

Squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails