News

News: Since April of last year I have managed to accomplish several monumental things in my studies, but I update you now to tell you that three nights ago I had the best sleep since I last visited my aunt's house (years ago) and probably will never have another good sleep like it for years to come *nods sagely*.

--12 March 2017 --

Quote: I really dislike how glasses slide down your nose impetuously when you're glaring down at your unfinished work. -Me

The Fellowship

May 1, 2013

The Atmosphere Inside -- (a poem)

Hey folks, here's a poem I wrote yesterday (the 30th of April; GWAH, I can't believe it's already May!!!!). Enjoy!

-----

The Atmosphere Inside

What is breath, that it should determine life?
And why, between lattes and over textbooks,
do we josh about how we've lost ours?
I spill my soup & sandwich over the floor,
you drop a napkin and bend your knees,
and suddenly we're fighting for air?
Is there not enough in the world for
7 billion people? Why am I straining?
Don't intoxicate me by sharing O2 gas,
I can survive off of another nitrogen mix,
Yet so it seems, the atmosphere of
communal life insists we must inhale,
And in that incredibly animalistic act,
We are all one. What was in you is now in me,
is now in them:
Preacher, teacher, skydiver, massage therapist,
ex-con, bridesmaid, grocery assistant,
skinhead, lawyer, clown, professor.
"I love you" exhaled,
50 yrs later inhaled, "Declare war."


-----

Signed with my toothbrush,

Squeaks.

7 comments:

  1. Are you going to mostly write poems instead of fiction now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I haven't really had the inspiration to write fiction in a while (aside from some short clips and such). So yeah, I suppose I will be writing a bit more poetry. We'll see how it goes :P

    Would you like to see more fiction or poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fiction, but I am always up for a good poem!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's been a while, I was just looking through old posts on my blog and saw a comment from you and wandered over to see what's up.

    I like this poem, it's interesting. And I'm very tired so I've got no deep things to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Matthew :) I hope you feel rested and rejuvenated after a good night's sleep! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I really just say I love how you write poetry? It's like you're - completely unrestrained by how people think it should be. It's refreshing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. :P you made my day lol! Thank you so much for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails