News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

February 28, 2014

My Promise - A Poem

Sometimes it's in our weakest moments that we are truly the strongest we've ever been. Broken hearts shatter lies; when we fall apart we come alive. 



pinterest


---

My Promise


Rivers rush over rocks and tumble down cliffs,
They race the mountainside
Frothing and foaming to the base of tranquility.
I want that tranquility for you.
Despite the tumult and jagged edges,
I want the peaceful valleys and soft meadows.
I look for the fluffy clouds and gentle lakes,
The comfort of a warm heart
A heart that truly cares.

I really care about a lot of things.
I see hurt and pain,
Missing bones and shattered personas,
And I want to be there.
Where’s my cape?
Am I not a superhero?
But as I lift this cracked and broken glass,
As I raise my eyes to the blackened sky,
I know I’ll never be good enough,
I’ll never be strong enough
Or brave enough
I’ll never be enough.
But I give what I have, and I have all of me.
And I will help when the storm is rough
When the lightning flashes all around,
And it’s pouring rain
And you don’t think you can endure.
I may not be a superhero,
But I’ll be here for you.

My heart is torn for the trials of others,
And I look over a sea of my own tears
And I whisper, “God how can I endure?
Is it not too much?”
But it is never too much,
And I can endure.
I will endure.
No burden is too heavy,
No task too much,
Not when I have the Lord of All
And He guides and helps,
Like the channel for this raging stream,
He is always there, even if you cannot feel.
And as He is there, I will strive to be.
We fall apart to come alive,
And in these broken pieces, we are stronger,
We are refined through the fire.

---

Signed with star dust, 

Squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails