News

News: If I could, I'd tie my hair up in dreds and live the life of adventure from the high seas to the mountain peaks, gathering gold and jewels and tales of mystery and action :) but for now, I'll just have to do with writing about these things as if they were truly real.

--12 December 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

May 7, 2014

Dreamtreaders by Wayne Thomas Batson



Hallo Folks!

It's been a while since I've posted anything book-related - alas, I'm a day belated on the newest release from one of my favourite authors, however that will not prevent me from urging you today to go and pick up his book. 

Isn't that absolutely GLORIOUS cover art? I feel pain in my soul every time I look at it, because I cannot get my hands on a solid copy yet (I have acquired the kindle version - voila insta-book!). 

Now, I encourage you to read below as to why you should invest, with haste, into this book. 


***

Book #1 in a trilogy from fantasy author Wayne Thomas Batson explores the concept of dreams and their effects on us.
People are fascinated by dreams, and the Bible has a great deal to say about them. From Jacob’s dream of the heavenly stairway in Genesis 28 to angels visiting Joseph during dreams in Matthew 1 to the Apostle John’s “waking dream” from which he obtained the book of Revelation—dreams have been powerful ingredients of God’s plan as revealed through Scripture.
Fourteen-year-old Archer Keaton discovers he has the ability to enter and explore his dreams. He is a dreamtreader, one of three selected from each generation. Their mission: to protect the waking world from the Nightmare Lord, who wreaks chaos in the Dream World. But as Archer’s dreams become more dangerous and threatening, so too does his waking life.
Rigby Thames, the new kid from England, builds a suspicious rock star-like following at Dresden High School a little too quickly. Even Archer’s best friend and confidant, Kara Windchil, seems taken in by the cool guy with the wild blond hair, which definitely rubs Archer the wrong way. Archer must face two foes in two worlds, but he cannot succeed alone. Archer sets off to find other dreamtreaders in a desperate attempt to defeat the enemy terrorizing his friends and family.
Features & Benefits:
  • New fantasy trilogy from bestselling author Wayne Thomas Batson
  • Batson’s previous epic fantasy trilogy, The Door Within, has sold more than 250,000 copies
  • Brings epic fantasy with a biblical base to middle grade readers
  • Epic fantasy is popular in movies and TV shows, and this is a spiritual epic fantasy


***

Are you convinced yet? I certainly was! I have always been fascinated with the concept of dreams - I was even more so intrigued after reading Bryan Davis' series Echoes from the Edge (that's a link to Book 1 of 3), which also discusses the idea of dream-walking. The fact that WTB, one of my favourite authors in the entire world, is writing a series on this very topic instantly makes this book a must-read. 

So what are you waiting for? The kindle version of Dreamtreaders is super easy to attain! You can read it on your computer or ebook device (if you don't know how, feel free to email me - just click the Contact Me tab). I'd love to know if this post was the final straw for your decision to read WTB's latest book - post a comment if you decided to buy it :) 

Signed with utmost excitement, 

Squeaks.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to hear someone recommend it. I'm a little uneasy though, because the Amazon reviews really aren't that encouraging.

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert! I know what you mean - Amazon reviews are helpful sometimes, but I've read a lot of low-star reviews on amazing books. It comes down to the personal opinion of the reader. I think the main thing to keep in mind here is that Dreamtreaders is brand-new on the market, so there aren't many reviews that have been written yet. More will come with time - and I'm always a little wary of the reviews that come out before the book is released.

    I plan on giving the book a review when I'm finished reading it (which may be a little while, since I'm finishing off another book right now); I'll post my thoughts here on my blog for folks to read.

    What I can say right now, though, is WTB has proven himself in the past as an amazing author and I don't intend to let a couple reviews deter me from reading Dreamtreaders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Squeaks! I hope you enjoy the read. It was definitely a different kind of ride for me as a writer, but it developed a very cool heart as the tale wove on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Wayne. I Absolutely love your books!!! But I was just curious as to what book three is because I've only been able to find the first two?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna,

    I'm glad you enjoy Batson's books! You'll probably have better luck getting in contact with him if you visit his blog. The website address is: http://enterthedoorwithin.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails