News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

June 12, 2014

The Thingy That Does So Much For You

There's a thingy that does a lot for you in your house (now, I should point out, not all people have it). Many of us probably take this thingy for granted... Let me explain in detail:

Definition of the Thingy: Aka. ~2.45GHz Self-contained electromagnetic radiation bombardment chamber. Appropriate for dielectrically heating polarized dihydrogen monoxide molecules by means of passing non-ionizing microwave radiation through organic, non-metallic substrate within the ~122mm wavelength range. 
More Commonly Referred to As: A microwave
Loch Chon Gold by Ian Cameron on 500px


Have you ever really thought about the glory that is the microwave? It came to my mind recently when our microwave of about 7 years decided to abruptly give up its ghost and die. We were able to get another one within a few days, but until then I found myself realizing how convenient it is to have a microwave.

The Things I Couldn't Do

  • Reheat old coffee (gack, who even does this anymore!)
  • Melt cheese - this required the stove-top and a pan 

Those are really the two main things I use the microwave for, aside from heating up odd bits and ends of strange food items. Needless to say, I could live without a microwave in the house - it's just convenient...especially when it comes to left over coffee (I'm not really one to let a cup go to waste if it's luke-warm or cold). 

That being said, I conclude my PSA on microwaves. I hope you take the time to appreciate the little things in life today :) 

Signed with a leaf, 

Squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails