News

News: I moved the keyboard to my room and now I feel strongly inclined to tell the world that I adore Phantom of the Opera. Everything is perfectly normal and no, I don't have access to any secret underground labyrinth...yet.

--12 August 2017 --

Quote: Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest of hearts. --Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

The Fellowship

February 4, 2016

In Which Exhaustion Prompts a Briefing

Dear readers,
pinterest
I've had what appears to be the longest two days of the new year - I'm trying to read some review article on motoneurone recruitement and Henneman's "size principle" but my eyes keep glazing over. At this point, even coffee isn't helping. I can practically feel my muscles shaking with fatigue; perhaps I should have stayed home, but unfortunately I have to help run some labs this afternoon.

I've been keeping ridiculously busy, what with trying to publish a research article, finish writing my thesis, and prepare for a poster presentation at a conference. In addition I've also been trying to get involved with the new church we're attending. There's so much stuff going on and the children/youth ministry is bursting at the seams.

I think I've been running off pure adrenaline this week, which is starting to wear a little thin (I can tell because I've already corrected four easily-avoided spelling mistakes in the last two paragraphs). In any case, this is a perfunctory update and I assure you all I am very much alive still.

Before I depart (and I really shall try to avoid another long-winded disappearing act) I do have good news - I can't recall if I've already mentioned it though. I'm officially an author (albeit the seventh author on the list); who knew my first publication contribution would be scientific? I always did think I'd manage to hammer out a book or two before my research consumed the majority of my neural synapses. Now it looks like I'll have my first official publication (written chiefly by myself and my supervisor - and edited profusely for more than 6 months) within the next half-year.

In any case, I don't think I can manage another competent sentence right now, so I'll stop whilst my good standing can be maintained. Please don't hesitate to point out if I've missed a spelling error :)

Signed with coffee stains,

Squeaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails